Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lonliness

I like space. I need time to be alone and gather my thoughts. I don't know how to survive without quiet time. But there are days when loneliness creeps into my quiet. Today my family is all gone. Between lives of their own and business trips, it is quiet in the house... I don't have any real reason to get up, make breakfast or get things going.

My husband and I found out years ago that we had a choice either to become hardened when we were apart from each other or to stay soft and feel lonely. We chose to miss each other and feel the pain of the separation. That is sometimes a difficult choice. Today, I miss a house full of children and the sound of laughter... even the need to put food on the table. I miss the unity and identity of "family".

But loneliness is also a gift. I find myself reaching up to the LORD like I did when I first knew Him. He was then my only source of life. It is good to know that He still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment