Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Next phase!

I got my edits finished late last night (which was the deadline date). Its hard to look at my own work objectively. I feel exposed and a bit raw. There are several stages to go before we get to the most frightening... marketing. I don't really write books to sell them. I write them to get a message across. I am very concerned about the grief we all carry. There is too much happening too fast and on a global scale. Our minds, our hearts can NOT keep up. I wrote a story about the loss of a loved one but the message I want to communicate is more about giving permission to feel grief and to take the time to walk it through. Life depends on feeling out sorrows. I remember the line in a song that asked, "Can there be joy where there has been no sorrow?"

They have done studies on pain and happiness. Did you know that the most miserable nations in the world and the ones that are the most painless? The people in modern nations that can use medications for pain and insurance to counter losses say most often that they are not happy where as people in nations with much suffering and deep poverty often say that they are. I believe there is a connection between suffering and true joy.

If we demand a painless existence, if we race through life without pausing to feel and grieve we will miss the comfort God offers to those who mourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment