Thursday, April 7, 2011

Children: messengers of hope

This was written while waiting for a baby to be born.

Birth is such a holy moment and children are amazingly, sweet messengers of hope... oh, and they dredge out of the depths of us a love and devotion that makes us human once again. They drag us out of our stupor and bring light to every dark corner.

I remember the day we lost my Father-in-law. My father-in-law was a wonderful man. We were all devastated at his passing but at any point we got lost in our grief... my children would make some goofy comment or simply be adorable. Our grief was mixed with fun, hope. giggles and delightful antics.

I believe children feel more deeply than most adults. They squeal with joy, and howl in pain but the point is... they feel. In Many ways they are so much more alive. Aware of the loss, aware of the butterflies and the smell of the flowers. Somehow children are more fully connected to the living breathing work of art called the creation.

I think it is important to mix the two, death and birth. I believe both to be the beginning of something amazing. As such both are equally as holy and full of expectation and hope.

1 comment:

  1. boy do they ever drag us out. I get the joy of seeing that every single day at the daycare. The 2 year old room is right next to the kitchen. I love seeing their happy faces, crying faces, mad faces, tears, giggles. So much life in them, it is like drinking a very strong cup of the best coffee you have ever had! lol

    ReplyDelete