Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Taken away from evil

1 The righteous perishes,
And no man takes it to heart;
Merciful men are taken away,
While no one considers
That the righteous is taken away from evil. (Isaiah 57:1)

This passage means so much to me. I can relate it to all the beautiful little lives lost in Abortion. I relate it to many who have died way before their time due to illness or accident. We live in a temporary place. We are all terminal here but death is a new beginning, not the end. I love Max Lucado's book "Tell me the secrets" It is a sweet children's story that talks about many issues in life. One of it's chapters has been made into it's own book "You are Speacial" but the last chapter is about death. He talks about it like a birth out from the womb in into a much bigger world. I agree

2 comments:

  1. Interesting -- death being a birth is exactly what I saw as I watched my mother's final moments in this life. It felt like such a holy place, watching a "birth" into the life beyond. While I do miss her deeply, those moments were precious and gave me something that has stayed with me ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death without fear, in the peace that passes all understanding can be such an awesome thing to witness. I understand

    ReplyDelete