Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slowing Down

I have more than one friend that is house bound right now. Health and circumstance has left them inside, watching the seasons pass outside their window. I believe it is a holy time, a time of waiting. I'm thinking of Isaiah 40:31,

"But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

I found in my own time where I watched the seasons pass outside my window that my own "waiting on the LORD" implied that I have gotten ahead of Him... again. When I was knocked flat and couldn't go anymore, God was right there. When I slowed down, it was like I entered into the place of His presence. It was awesome! I experienced the truth of Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." Being still is a lost art practiced solely by those who watch the seasons pass outside their window. Illness and infirmity are a holy opportunity to really know Him.

Don't get me wrong, chronic illness is a trial, a war against a foe that sometimes takes you and sometimes lets you scramble back into the rat race. But in the midst of the battle may we never forget that our foe has no winning option. Either outcome is our victory. Either we live to fight another day... or we go home victorious to finally rest from the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment